[obol] Lincoln Co birds

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 21:08:17 -0700

Tim Shelmerdine and I birded southern Lincoln County today trying to relocate a
number of good birds found by other people.
We started off with a brief 10 min seawatch in the morning from Yachats State
Park. We saw about 10 BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATERS with a few Pink-footed and
Sooty Shearwaters mixed in for comparison. I checked back in the afternoon and
could only locate Pink-footed and Sooty Shearwater.
We then walked around the Yachats Commons Park where we relocated both the
COMMON GROUND DOVE and CLAY-COLORED SPARROW (bushes parallel to 4th St.). The
dove was difficult to locate in the morning, but became confiding in the
afternoon where it feed at the original location of 771 Driftwood. Google maps
location is incorrect, the correct house is here (44.315113, -124.106504).
There was also at least 1 MOUNTAIN CHICKADEE still around and a calling
RED-SHOULDERED HAWK from across (north) Hwy 101.
We then ticked off the obliging adult female BROWN BOOBY west of the Yaquina
Bay bridge. We looked for, but did not refind the reported Vesper Sparrow at
Hatfield MSC.
We saw many birders doing the same thing and who saw the same birds.
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford, OR