[obol] Leucistic eagle Finley Refuge

  • From: Kit Larsen <kit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:47:51 -0800

I observed a leucistic eagle at Finley Refuge around 10 am Monday Jan 18. It had a light, almost white head, very white breast and belly, and large white patches on the wings. I observed it perched in one tree, then strafe the waterfowl, then land in another tree. This was off Bruce Road, to the west of Muddy Creek, looking to the north. The eagle was far off but I got a couple of low quality photos, submitted to OBOL photos (http://www.orbirds.org/obolphotos.html).

Kit Larsen
Eugene
POST: Send your post to obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manage your account: //www.freelists.org/list/obol