[obol] Larch Mt. and Sandy River Delta (Mult. Co.)

  • From: Jason Wolf <wolfjason71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 14:59:37 -0700

Gorgeous morning up on Sherpard's point, 5 mountains and clear skies while
the thick cloud layer still covered everything below.

I love this time of year, almost every bird I encountered was singing or
vocalizing in some way. Hardly used the binoculars at all!

Highlights:

Larch Mt:
Hermit Warbler
Townsend's Solitaire
Pileated WP
Hermit Thrush
Varied Thrush
Hammond's Fly
Warbling Vireo
Red Crossbill
Sooty/Dusky Grouse (heard not seen, not sure yet how to tell these two
apart by voice alone, all the recordings I've found online sound exactly
the same!)
Also, Vaux's Swifts whizzing by literally right above my head.

Sandy River Delta:
Red-eyed Vireo
Yellow-breasted Chat
Eastern Kingbird