[obol] LOCAL RBA: a two-fer...

  • From: "Mike Patterson" <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "swalalahos" <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 14:36:33 -0700

A ROCK WREN is currently hanging out on the rocks near the observation
deck at the South Jetty of the Columbia River. It was originally
reported to eBird on 10/4, but I quite literally forgot to follow up.
It was reported again on 10/10 (originally as a House Wren and corrected
yesterday). I finally got around to checking the rocks today.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/22014960739

A BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER was with chickadees and kinglets at the east end
of the Historical Area of Ft Steven State Park this morning.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/22014073118

A gnatcatcher was reported from the burn area, parking lot C a couple
weeks ago. It's possible (I guess) that it could be the same bird. I
last saw a gnatcatcher in the county in 1993. It was also in the
Historical Area.

---
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR