[obol] Joco birds - King Mtn

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:56:28 -0700

My apologies for the premature send.  I was trying to do some early morning
owling on King Mountain this morning, but it was very windy and I think I
arrived too late as passerines were already starting to sing at 445am.  I did
have about a dozen SWAINSON'S THRUSHES migrating overhead, giving flight calls.
Even in the wind, the OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHERS were obvious.  Also singing on
territory were HAMMOND'S & DUSKY FLYCATCHERS as well as the regular warbler,
vireo & tanager/grosbeak species.
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford