[obol] Re: Jackson Bottom Wetlands Sandhill Cranes

  • From: Steve Engel <Steve.Engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 16:16:40 -0700

Since first reporting two sandhill cranes at the wetlands on 6/2 we received
emails from other birders indicating the cranes were likely here on 5/31 and
6/1 as well.  Two cranes were observed arriving here from the west yesterday
(6/3) evening around 8:45pm by Jay Rasmussen and today two sandhill cranes
touched down in the east Wapato marsh area at around noon today.  Thanks to all
who have let us know of their sightings and thanks to Gary Ivey for suggesting
these are likely part of a small group that summer on Sauvie Island.  Adding to
my 6/2 report, it was Joe Blowers who first sighted sandhill cranes at Jackson
Bottom in November of 2012.

Steve Engel, Recreation Program Supervisor
Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve | Parks and Recreation Department
2600 SW Hillsboro Hwy., Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone:  503-681-6283 |fax 503-681-6277
email:  steve.engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web:  www.jacksonbottom.org