[obol] Ideas on good places to bird in the Salem area...

  • From: Lillian <lillian.egleston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:12:01 -0800

Hi Birders,
This is my first post... so I hope I'm doing it right...

Zia had made this request:

Hi all,
I'm heading to Salem for a few days and was wondering if the SNOW was still
being seen in the vicinity of the airport? Also, if someone might have some
ideas on good places to bird while I'm up there? Any information is greatly
appreciated!
Thank you, and happy birding!
Cheers,

Zia

Salem Audubon has this information:

For those seeking birding locations in and around Salem, view the Salem
Birding
Sites<http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=117038535800444287590.00043b3579c359a89aa87&ll=44.930294,-123.074341&spn=0.216323,0.462799&t=h&z=11&om=1>
maps
and descriptions.  Note however that some sites may involve access over
private property which should never be entered without the owner's
permission.  Field trips in the Salem area are offered monthly throughout
the year.  See the Kestrel for details.

And a great Google Map showing the locations here:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=117038535800444287590.00043b3579c359a89aa87&ll=44.930294,-123.074341&spn=0.216323,0.462799&t=h&z=11&om=1

Good Birding!
Lillian