[obol] Howard Prairie Great Gray Owl

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 00:06:32 -0700

Jimmy Billstine and I were up this evening looking for a White-headed
Woodpecker along the Howard Prairie Dam Access Road, but we arrived a bit late
in the evening to do much damage.  There was a DUSKY FLYCATCHER doing it "bean
dip" call that I typically associate with later in the breeding season.  We did
hear a calling COMMON POORWILL at the junction of Howard Prairie Dam Access
Road and Hyatt Prairie Rd.  A female GREAT GRAY OWL called from the big meadow
out on Dead Indian Memorial Rd & Hyatt Prairie Rd.
Good birding,Russ NamitzMedford, OR