[obol] Re: Hermit Thrushes at middling-low elevations in s. Lane/n. Douglas Co.

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 17:09:06 -0700

Just to add some elevations here, from playing around with Google-Earth:

The locations where I'm used to finding Hermit Thrush in interior
Douglas County are around 140O ft and up. I think Barb's locations from
last night were around 900 ft, maximum, with some detections a little
lower. The one that I heard ENE of Sutherlin today was closer to 700 ft.

Maybe Matt Hunter or Ron Maertz can add more based on their experience
in those parts.