[obol] Re: Harney Wrap-up

  • From: Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:48:52 -0700

The female ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK that I found feeding on the seeds of a
mostly bare tree at northeast corner of Malheur HQ yesterday evening at
about 5:00 PM was back this morning. I found it in the lilacs nearby at
6:15 AM, and then it returned to the same tree to continue feeding with
siskins. Quite a cooperative bird, lots of birders got to see it and it
will probably hang around HQ for some time.

I found a female Black-throated Gray Warbler and one Orange-crowned Warbler
yesterday (Sunday 5/26) at HQ. Also yesterday, I had a great views and got
lots of photos of both the male and female ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS at HQ, a
female TENNESSEE WARBLER at Fields, a BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER and a
BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER at Benson Pond, and an Ash-throated Flycatcher at mp.
60 north of Frenchglen. Couldn't post until now because of no internet
access. Now back home in Eugene and processing photos... will post them
later.

The TENNESSEE WARBLER that I found at Malheur HQ yesterday was (re)found
very briefly this morning by Alan Contreras.

A great weekend - well worth the trip.
Good birding!
Thomas Meinzen