[obol] Greg checking in from San Diego

  • From: "Greg Gillson" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sheran Wright" <sheran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:48:28 -0700

Thank you all for your concern. We've had 3 days of 100 degree weather and strong (35-65 mph) dry Santa Ana winds. Then some crazies decided to light fires around us on all sides.

Marlene and I have been preparing the residents of the mobile home park we manage to get ready to evacuate--just in case. Fortunately, it hasn't come to that. The nearest fires are 2 miles away and blowing parallel to us in the foothills above town (we're down in the flat). By next Tuesday we should be back down to normal 72 degree highs.

I will see some of you Sunday on the deep water pelagic trip from Newport. Perhaps there are still some Murphy's and Hawaiian Petrels out there--the forecast is for calm and perhaps showers. That will be a change. Tim Shelmerdine will pick me up at PDX Saturday morning and we'll head to the coast. All day on the boat Sunday, then back on the plane and back to San Diego by 9:00 Monday morning so I can hurry back to work. A quick trip!

You can track my escapades on my blog,
Greg in San Diego
http://sandiegogreg.blogspot.com/

Greg Gillson