[obol] Re: Grasshopper Sparrow at Yaquina Head

  • From: "Charles R. Gates" <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 21:01:42 -0700

Are there any other records of Grasshopper Sparrow in Lincoln County? I don't find any. Anyone?

On 5/6/2013 3:39 PM, Wayne Hoffman wrote:
Hi -

During a brief midday visit to Yaquina Head, I flushed, then got a good look at a Grasshopper Sparrow on the west face of Salal Hill. This is the west-facing hill slope just east of the lighthouse parking loop. Habitat is dense grass and herbaceous vegetation. A lot of that slope is d=stunted thickets of Salmonberry, and Salal but this bird was in the grassy part. I only found 2 stragglers from yesterday's Golden-crowned Sparrow fallout. And no flycatchers, thrushes, or hummingbirds.

Wayne

--
Chuck Gates
Crook County High School