[obol] Gabriel Park field trip

  • From: Max Smith <oregonmax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 12:38:22 -0700

Sarah and I led a field trip for the Audubon Society of Portland at Gabriel
Park in Southwest Portland. We managed to find a few warbler and vireo
species, but no flycatchers. The species list is below.

Cooper's Hawk  1
Band-tailed Pigeon  5
Anna's Hummingbird  5
Red-breasted Sapsucker  1     Carving holes in a birch tree
Northern Flicker  2
Hutton's Vireo  3
Warbling Vireo  1
Steller's Jay  2
Western Scrub-Jay  1
American Crow  6
Violet-green Swallow  1
Black-capped Chickadee  5
Bushtit  4     Adult entered nest and left a minute later - probably
feeding nestlings.
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1
Brown Creeper  1
Bewick's Wren  2
Golden-crowned Kinglet  1
American Robin  3
European Starling  6
Orange-crowned Warbler  3
Townsend's Warbler  3
Wilson's Warbler  2
Spotted Towhee  5
Song Sparrow  8
Dark-eyed Junco  3
Western Tanager  1
Brown-headed Cowbird  2
House Finch  4
Lesser Goldfinch  3
Evening Grosbeak  a dozen or so calling from all directions and eating elm
seeds at the southeast corner of the park.