[obol] Re: Fox Sparrows Aplenty

  • From: Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Barbara Combs <bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx>, obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 22:53:02 -0800

I've had up to 3 regular Fox Sparrows in our Eugene yard this winter, up
from zero and then one or two in recent years. A White-throated Sparrow
also joined them this week, a new visitor this winter. Although we've never
hosted anything like ten Fox Sparrows before, a large swath of blackberry
brambles along North Delta Rd., I've noticed, supports an unusually large
Fox Sparrow population this winter. I've counted up to 17 there this
winter, including one "Red" Fox Sparrow among them.

Thomas Meinzen