[obol] Forster's Terns nesting at Fern Ridge

  • From: "John Sullivan" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Oropendolas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 20:27:12 -0700

Hello All,

After observing suspicious nesting behavior by Forster's Terns from the Royal
Avenue observation platform yesterday, Laura and I took the canoe out on the
lake this afternoon to see what we could find. We paddled to the area west of
the platform were I saw a tern returning repeatedly yesterday, and
surprisingly, easily found 3 Forster's Terns sitting on nests and 6 individual
birds. We photographed one nest with eggs, then quickly retreated before one of
the many poop-bombs found it's target!

Good Birding,
John Sullivan & Laura Johnson
Springfield, OR