[obol] Find Ford's Pond the easy way

  • From: Charles Gates <cgates326@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 14:36:00 -0800

This is a general reminder to the list that the East Cascades Audubon has an Oregon Birding Site Guide website. You can go to that site anytime and find good directions to most of Oregon's birding locations, including Ford's Pond.
http://media.wix.com/ugd/2c5973_b59feb31458f4107a4683c56a055f685.pdf

Here you will find gps coordinates for the pond, a Google Map, Delorme map pages, an eBird checklist, written description of how to get to the pond and some habitat and bird info specific to that site.

There are over 1100 locations at this site, each with the above info. Next time you need directions.....

This site is used by many but one way it is completely underused is as a link in emails to obol. The next time you report birds from a well known birding spot in Oregon, consider including a link from our site. This will be especially helpful if a rarity appears that may attract many birders.

On 1/30/2016 1:41 PM, James Billstine wrote:

OBOL,

I am sorry for teasing about the location of Ford's Pond. I was shocked, then amused, at the immediate flood of emails querying the location. I assumed that it would be simple for readers to do a google search for Ford's Pond in Oregon if they were already on their computers as an afterthought; as I had forgotten to add the location when I was sending the report from the field on my smart phone's ponderous interface. Next time it will be easier for me to just add a nearby city to the subject line.

JB

--
James Billstine

http://birdsandbrawn.blogspot.com/

--
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for
sure that just ain't so.

Chuck Gates
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,