[obol] Fernhill Wetlands - Swamp Sparrow

  • From: Steve Nord <stevernord@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:44:20 -0700

OBOL;

Yesterday and this morning I saw a SWAMP SPARROW at Fernhill Wetlands. The
bird has been in the same location both times, and has been very vocal,
giving loud chip notes that reminded me of a Black Phoebe.

The location is in the new interior marsh, along the trail that leads east
from the parking area to the garden area with the wooden bridges. The bird
has been at the 3rd small open water area you come to along this trail.
The other landmark I noted, when looking uphill from this location, the
fencing above the trail changes from green to plain chain link.

eBird report with photo:

The other half of my Fernhill census:

Good Birding
Steve Nord