[obol] Eurasian wigeon and ramblings about Lower River Rd and Vancouver Lake.

  • From: Bob <rflores_2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 00:12:04 +0000

The eurasian wigeon was at Ridgefield NWR, River S Unit. It was on Long Lake
also noted 7 cinnamon teal.

Vancouver Lake had birds scattered all about. I had already posted about the
two wing-winged scoter. There were also common goldeneyes mixed in the rafted
flock of ducks. Also of note a good number of horned grebe.

The Columbia River was somewhat disappointing the water is pretty chocolate
colored and not many moving birds. I looked at several flocks of white-cheeked
geese looking for something like an emperor. No luck.

Considering back in 2006-7 when I moved here Eurasian collared doves were not
documented in Clark Co. Today, and I have been tracking this flock this year,
on Old Lower River Rd at the farmhouse I counted 81.

I checked the Fruitville sewer ponds and found large numbers of American
wigeon, ring-necked duck, lesser scaup, gadwall and ruddy duck. Nothing unusual
seen.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA