[obol] Eugene Wed morning

  • From: Kit Larsen <kit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:48:26 -0700

Dennis Arendt's report:

The Eugene Wednesday birders ended early today because of heavy rain at 10:00. We went to the west side of the Sheldon High School track, on Norwood Street, to see the Lark Sparrow that has been very cooperative the last few days. Our photographers had many chances to get good shots of this bird. We drove to Skinner Butte afterwards and managed to make the circuit and walk the road before the rains came. Our entire list is below.

Bald Eagle - on the nest at Skinner Butte
Mourning Dove
Anna's Hummingbird - several males sitting high and females working the brush for insects
Downy Woodpecker
Steller's Jay
Western Scrub-Jay
American Crow
Black-capped Chickadee
Bushtit
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Pacific Wren - several singing on the north slope of Skinner Butte
Bewick's Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin
Varied Thrush
European Starling
Townsend's Warbler
Spotted Towhee
Lark Sparrow - at the Sheldon Track
Song Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
House Finch
Pine Siskin
American Goldfinch

Sylvia Maulding, Vivkie Buck, Ellen Cantor, Scott McNeeley, Jim Ott, Dave Brown, Kit Larsen, Jim Regali, Randy Sinnott, Don Schrouder and Dennis Arendt