[obol] Eugene, Lane Co. Common Nighthawk - 6/12/2014

  • From: "Anne & Dan Heyerly" <tanager@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 17:20:32 -0700

Obolinks,

On Thursday June 12, 2014, at approximately 9:10pm, as Anne was walking west
on our street just west of the Oakway Mall (Ferry Street Bridge area of
Eugene), she saw and heard two Common Nighthawks flying to the north of
Westwood Ln. just west of Oakway Rd.  She immediately called me and even
though I rushed outside within seconds, the birds had moved north out of
earshot and out of sight. Quite the serendipitous find, I must say.

Good Birding,

Dan Heyerly, Eugene