[obol] Re: Emperor Goose in Columbia County (no)

  • From: Hannah Fritz <hannah.fritz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOLINKS <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:30:01 -0800

I got the impression that the initial reporter of this goose hadn't seen it
again since Saturday, so knowing the goose could have (hopefully) moved to
a more accessible field in the area, or even moved on to who knows where by
now, and also knowing that hope springs eternal, I went out early this
morning in the wind and rain to rove around the area between Scappoose and
St. Helens.

Probably went out too early as it happens, as a lot of geese were still
swirling in the air, still making their way over from Sauvie Island for the
day. And unfortunately, the majority of the swath of land of which Warren
sits in the middle of is open field that's basically inaccessible except
via private roads and driveways.

To make a long story short, I didn't see the goose. I would strongly
encourage anyone birding on Sauvie Island to closely scan those flocks, as
it seems to be a major hub of goose activity.

Hannah
St. Helens, OR