[obol] ECAS Bend - Alfalfa Raptor Survey

  • From: KIM BODDIE <kcboddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cobol Sightings <cobol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Obol Sightings <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 21:52:01 -0500 (EST)

Tom Philibin joined me today on the ECAS Bend Alfalfa Raptor Survey. We drove
75 miles under cloudy skies; 26 - 35 degree tamps, with calm to light winds.
The snow cover was from 12 inches in SE Bend to almost bare in Alfalfa. We
counted 96 raptors which is above average and the highest no. (21) for
Kestrels. The highlight was finding the Red-shouldered Hawk that Clay Crofton
spotted last month. It was in the same area on Nelson Road and was much more
cooperative this month. We were able to get extended views and some photos.

Raptors Counted:

Red-tailed Hawk - - - - - - - - - 56
American Kestrel - - - - - - - - 21
Northern Harrier - - - - - - - - 7