[obol] Don Boucher's bicycle commuting list -- not mine!

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 14:22:17 -0700

Hi all,

Just to be clear:

The 4-year bicycle-commuting list that I forwarded is Don Boucher's
list, not mine!

Don posted that to the Mid-Valley birding list. I forwarded it because I
thought it would be interesting as an example of what a dedicated
bicycle commuter (especially one with Don's excellent birding-by-ear
abilities) has a chance to find by using a bicycle to get to & from
work.

Don has been a strong advocate for the possibilities of bicycle birding.
He also leads multiple bicycle-birding field trips around the Corvallis
area every year. On his commute list, he didn't include the birds that
he's found on those trips, or on his own recreational birding jaunts --
that would have likely made for a longer list than OBOL's 150-line
limit.

Happy birding,
Joel

P.S. My own daily commute only runs from our kitchen/dining room past
our bathroom and washing machine to my home office. I don't think the
rest of my family would appreciate if I rode my bicycle inside the
house, though I might be able to pick up a few hummingbirds at the
feeder along the way.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis