[obol] Delta Ponds Eugene

  • From: Jim Carlson <jmcrlsn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:43:14 -0800 (PST)

Took a short walk through the Delta Ponds in Eugene this afternoon.  Best birds
were one Turkey Vulture, one adult Bald Eagle, the male Cinnamon Teal, and a
Lincoln's sparrow.  Most of the regular birds were present and there was still
alot of open water.  Many snipe, a few dowitchers and killdeer were the
shorebirds of note.  I did not detect a black phoebe today but I didn't cover
the whole area.

The highlight of the walk though were the five river otters cavorting in the
Cinnamon Teal pond between Goodpasture Island Road and Delta Highway just north
of the Delta bike bridge.

Jim Carlson