[obol] DIAMOND LAKE BOAT TRIP--THIS **SUNDAY**

  • From: Matthew G Hunter <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ub <umpquabirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 16:47:39 -0700

Hi Birders of the Umpqua Basin and Beyond:

I have up to three spots available on our Diamond Lake Boat Birding Trip
THAT IS NOW SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18. If you would like to go, please call or
email me soon. Thank-you!

Updated Details:
This will be an all-day cruise around the lake, stopping at concentrations
of waterfowl as well as several terrestrial locations for restroom stops
and land and marsh birding. This date was chosen for the typical influx of
large numbers of waterfowl, and before it gets too awfully cold. A complete
list of birds and notes from our Nov 2, 2014, trip is at
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S20432121. Some photos from
that trip are at
https://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewghunter/sets/72157649122695315. In
addition to the water birds, Diamond Lake has species such as Mountain
Chickadee and Clark's Nutcracker that we don't often see at lower
elevations. Cost will be $30 to $50/person for the boat trip (depending on
how many people come). Bring lunch, water, and appropriate clothing. You
may bring a life jacket if you like, otherwise, the Diamond Lake Marina
will provide "legal" (but not necessarily comfortable) life jackets that do
not need to be worn, but need to be in the boat. We will depart Diamond Lake
Marina at 0800 Sunday morning on one of their 9- passenger "patio boats,"
and arrive back there between 3 and 4 pm, depending on weather, birds, and
the decisions of participants. Once we have a list of participants, we will
consider carpooling. Preregistration required: call or email Matt Hunter at
541-670-1984, matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx, with your name, phone number,
email, and any questions.

Matt