[obol] Curry Update- DICKCISSELS et al.

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 08:06:26 -0700

I talked to Terry Wahl this morning. At the family ranch today near Cape
Blanco (10/1) he had two DICKCISSEL in the same tree!

In the last three weeks he has seen the following birds on the ranch:
2- SAY'S PHOEBES
4- LARK SPARROWS
1- VESPER SPARROW
1- YH BLACKBIRD
and one bird he couldn't remember?

He said he has also seen LAPLAND LONGSPURS on a couple occasions (no flocks
as big as 10 that the Hinkles reported though).

Terry has not seen any TROPICAL KINGBIRDS yet; however, Lois Miller had one
at her place on Garrison Lake in Port Orford yesterday (9/30).

I heard my first LAPLAND LONGSPUR of the season in Coos on Tuesday (9/29)-
out on the south end of the n. spit of Coos Bay.

Merry Rocktober!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay