[obol] Coos N' Curry of Late

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 18:34:26 -0800

Terry Wahl reports the following:

1- TROPICAL KINGBIRD still hanging around at the family ranch near Cape
Blanco , Curry.
1- SNOW GOOSE at the family ranch the last couple of days but not seen
today although it could be still around with the huge goose flocks in the
area.

Terry also mentioned that there were several PALM WARBLERS around.
November is the peak time for this species on the south coast.

Terry talked to Rick McKenzie who saw a CATTLE EGRET near the Blue Silos on
the way into Floras Lake (his ranch) today.

I was out in the Eastside area of Coos Bay this evening with Teak and we
had a fly-over accipter that I believe was a NORTHERN GOSHAWK, a very rare
species on the south coast.  The bird appeared way large for an accipter
but had the tail and wings of an accipter except the tail was to short and
the wings to long for a Coopers which I see regularly. Also, it did not fly
anything like a Red-shouldered and was definitely not a hawk. Anyhow, me
thinks goshawk.

Merry migrtation!
Tim R
Coos Bay