[obol] Coos N' Curry

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 14:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

A quick update.  Frank Lospalutto found a very rare Curry bird on 16 May, a
WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCH somewhere up LangloisMtn. Road.  There are six other
records, but this is the first May bird and the first I have heard of in quite
a few years.  Also up Langlois Mountain road he found an ACORN WOODPECKER,
which seems pretty far north and east for this species in the county.

I was out in the wind and blowing rain in the AM on the north spit of Coos Bay,
the only thing out of the ordinary was a MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER and another
WESTERN KINGBIRD.

Merry migration,
Tim R
Coos Bay