[obol] Coos Mtn. Chickadees, Swamp Sparrows, etc. 11/1/2015

  • From: Joel Geier <joel.geier@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 15:40:19 -0800

Holy schmokes, Tim, that's a pile of Swamp Sparrows!

Fun to hear about that many in one patch. I've only found one so far on
E.E. Wilson Wildlife Area, but there have been a couple of other local
reports of singles.

I've also missed the Mountain Chickadee wave so far, even though every
odd-sounding Black-capped gets the adrenaline going. Some other Benton
Co. birders and I heard one of those at Luckiamute Landing the other
day, but we tracked it down and it looked like a regular Black-capped,
just a bit hoarse.

Hard to believe it's November with this balmy weather. We had a large
dragonfly (don't ask me which species or even genus, but it was one of
the big ones) go through our yard today.

Happy birding,
Joel

--
Joel Geier