[obol] Coos MacG Warbler still here - 11/29/2015

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 18:52:15 -0800

I was out late PM in the balmy 50F weather at the Eastside boat ramp trail
and saw the continuing MacGillivray's Warbler right on the trail. I
watched it for like ten minutes- how often can you do that with this
species? Anyhow, it first showed up on the 22nd- the first "wintering"
record for Coos- hope it stays around another three weeks for our CBC?

I put seed down in a couple spots and stopped across from the Coos Bay post
office after dark just in time to see three BC Night-herons fly out (and
heard a 4th).

Happy birding all!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay