[obol] Clackamas River Bank Swallow Colony Thriving in 2014

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 20:26:25 -0700

This is the third year I've enjoyed checking on the colony of Bank Swallows
along the Clackamas River that Bill Evans first introduced me to. The bank
continues to erode each year, in some spots significantly, but there
appears to be decades-worth of fine sandy-loam-soil left, so hopefully this
colony will persist at this location for many years. I find 70 Bank
Swallows in the last image - a sum I estimate represents a one-third to
one-half of the adult population. Twelve images:

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2014/6/clackamas-river-bank-swallow-colony-thriving-in-2014

--
Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon