[obol] Cannon Beach Yellow and Black-throated Gray Warblers

  • From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos_group <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 12:32:56 -0700

I walked around much of Cannon Beach this late Monday morning from 10 to
12pm (05 Oct 2015). There has been an obvious influx of RUBY-CROWNED
KINGLETS. In the presidential streets neighborhood above the Lagoons were
single BLACK-THROATED GRAY and TOWNSEND'S WARBLERS.

I walked the Lagoon trail loop and found a couple groups of passerines.
Several FOX SPARROWS, and single BLACK-THROATED GRAY and YELLOW WARBLERS
were in the shrub patch at the SW corner near the aeration pond. The Yellow
had me going for awhile as it moved through the dense willow leaves with a
constant tail bobbing and wagging, but a Yellow it was nonetheless. An
adult GREEN HERON persists and flushed from the emergent vegetation along
the north side of the lagoons near the recycling depot.

Autumn Meadowhawk dragonflies were common as were damselflies and darners.
Bees, bee flies were working the blooming false dandelions and
yellow-jackets were flying. No Kingbirds...

David

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon