[obol] Calapooya Eagle roost Linn County

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 20:22:01 -0800

I stopped at the jct of Seward and McClagan roads at 11;30 11/22. The
Night roost for Bald Eagles is in a grove of Cottonwoods along the Calapooya
due east of this jct. One adult Ba;d Eagle was perched in a dead tree. The live
trees still had almost all their leaves. As the winter progesses the number of
eagles here will grow. I recall that Jeff Fleischer counted 135 on evening in
Jan/Feb.. That's an impressive number of Black-bellied Plover reported by Peter
List. I got one there last year for the Corvallis CBC. Something about that
neighborhood appeals to many different species of birds in a big way. Lars