[obol] Calapooiya Eagle roost

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:32:03 -0800

There were 12 Bald Eagles in the roost visible from McClagan and Seward Rds
in Tangent, Linn Co at sunset (4:30) tonight. I heard Black-bellied Plovers
along the n-s stretch of Green Valley rd se of its jct with Davis . A very
large flock of passerines swirling over the field west of this stretch were
probably all.. pipits. At the jct of Green Valley and Church, several miles NW
of the jct with Davis, I saw a flock of 25 birds. The ones I saw on the ground
were all Horned Larks, but the bulk flew off. Some had very pale bellies, I was
still inside the car and couldn't hear much. Some of them could have been
longspurs. Negative on the Burrowing Owl, although i never got out of the car
the length of Davis Rd.. Lars