[obol] Brown Creeper

  • From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:26:52 -0800

Hi Obolers,
Saw a bird on the side of the thick tree trunk
behind my porch, and thought it was probably one of the Nuthatches. Once I
got my bins on it I saw a white belly, and lo, it wasn't a Nuthatch, but a
BROWN CREEPER. That's the first one for this yard, and only the second time
I've seen one in person. There have been a couple White-Breasted Nuthatches
here before, and currently I've had two of the Red-Breasted Nuthatches
feeding regularly.

Today I was seeing at least 10 of the Pine
Siskins at a time, feeding on both the thistle and black oil sunflower
seeds. They are much livelier feeders than the other birds around here, and
constantly shoo their brethren off the feeders. They've added a lot of life
to the yard. One of them came and landed on the suet feeder porch stand
today. He/she seemed to see me standing there on the other side of the
sliding glass doors, and almost looked a little impish, but maybe I
anthropomorphize.

Happy Fall Birding
Linda, Tigard Fanno Creek

--