[obol] Re: Another Curry mockingbird

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 19:22:14 -0700

Hey Doug,

Great reports from the south coast lately! A mocker spent four winters
along the north jetty of the Rogue approximately across from the condos
there. Anyhow, no bird the last couple of winters but your bird is close.
Mockers seem to winter, almost regularly, somewhere in Curry, and have a
few times in Coos. Coos has one breeding record, thanks to Paul Sullivan
who spotted a recently fledged bird near Charleston a few years back.
However, I do not know of any Curry breeding records but I imagine they
probably breed there in small numbers. All that said, it is still exciting
for me to see them in Coos, which doesn't happen every year. Curry is
certainly more regular. Thanks for your updates.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay

On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 3:47 PM, W. Douglas Robinson <
w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This one was just north of Gold Beach today. For googlers: 42.43399,
-124.43182.

If you're google is broken, it was north of the Wedderburn ponds just a
couple hundred yards south of Knox Ln.

Doug