[obol] Re: Ankeny Ruff blog with pix

  • From: Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <OBOL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 19:22:46 -0800

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101538169@N05/albums/72157660885110721

Many thanks to Harry (and Paul Sullivan for posting the RBA to OBOL, and
giving me great directions), my wife and I were able to drive from
Hillsboro to Ankeny in time to find the Ruff and get these photos. Another
birder from Albany, OR (Sandy Pepin) also arrived about the same time as we
did and also got to see the Ruff. Unfortunately, a couple of Northern
Harriers showed up overhead about 10 or 15 minutes after we arrived and
flushed the Ruff and the three Greater Yellow-legs it was associating and
feeding with. We watched them fly to the east and out of sight. We drove
the roads on south on Buena Vista, then made the loop on Wintel (?) road
and stopped at Pintail Pond, checking fields on both sides of the road as
we went slowly by to I-5 and were not able to relocate the Ruff. Thanks
Harry (and Paul) for a 'Lifer'.

Nels Nelson
Hillsboro

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Harry Fuller <atowhee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am putting up a series of pics now, none show the bird in flight:
https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2015/11/05/having-a-ruff-time/
--
Harry Fuller
author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*, see: