[obol] Ankeny NWR 6/21

  • From: Roy Gerig <roygerig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 14:03:13 -0700

I watched birds from 1005-1025 from the gravel parking area at Pintail Marsh
this AM.  It was a stationary count as my back is pretty sore and stiff from my
first camping trip in 3 years, since my back first blew up:
WESTERN GREBE 1RUDDY DUCK 8 (all males)RING-NECKED DUCK 6 (3 pairs)GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE 2 (they have been around for several weeks now)CANADA GOOSE
20CACKLING GOOSE 1 (associating with GWFG, has been around longer than the
GWFG)PIED BILLED GREBE 4MALLARD 25GADWALL 2BARN SWALLOW 2TREE SWALLOW 2CLIFF
SWALLOW 10BREWERS BLACKBIRD 8REDWING BLACKBIRD 2AMERICAN ROBIN 3SONG SPARROW
1AMERICAN GOLDFINCH 2EURASION COLLARED DOVE 1STARLING 2BLACK HEADED GROSBEAK 1
Roy Gerig Salem OR