[obol] Re: About not reporting a bird on a birding list

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:20:23 -0800

***********

My Dad and I encountered just such a person about 1978. He came from
Mississippi or Alabama for the express purpose of bagging a Harlequin Duck and
or Goldeneye (both species, please). There are only 200 Harlequins wintering in
Oregon, and they show great site fidelity, so one might imagine them to be very
vulnerable. On the other hand, most of the sites they frequent are off limits
to hunting.   Lars