[obol] A speedy quartet

  • From: sheila chambers <sheilach2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 19:01:51 -0800

Another sunny, warm, dry day on the southern Oregon coast & as I was putting out the morning feed for "my" outside birds who were lurking in the nearby bushes, I heard a great commotion in the sky above.

The Tree's were back! & their early.

Their were 4 of them & chattering as they went as they swirled about their nest boxes then swooped upwards again to chase each other someplace else. It's a wise strategy for them to check out their nest site before their breeding season. What if their nest site was gone? They would have time to find another before the season to breed arrived.

As soon as I had turned my back on the now filled feeders, they charged in, White-crowns, Gold-crowns, Fox & Song sparrows, House Finches, Spotted towhee. Scrub Jay's, Black-capped chickadee, Brewers blackbird, Anna's hummingbird, Starlings & a Robin.
Pine siskins & one lone Goldfinch were at the niger feeder.

I don't expect to see much of the Trees until their breeding season & I wonder if I'll ever see Violet-green swallows here again?

Sheila in Brookings, Oregon 97416