[obol] 20190329_113049countersinging_juncos[1].wav

  • From: "Tom McNamara (via Google Drive)" <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 23:07:03 +0000

I've shared an item with you:

20190329_113049countersinging_juncos[1].wav
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4epTfRMt3FIdzBGUkRVU09uV2x3Ukh3SG53OG5YTjhjSXlB/view?usp=sharing&ts=5ca14817

It's not an attachment -- it's stored online. To open this item, just click the link above.

Hello all,
I tried originally sending this via email but it failed, maybe sending it via Drive will do it. This is a recording of two countersinging Dark-eyed juncos. One is pretty standard issue; the other song has 1, and sometimes 2, little vocal twerps at the end. I do not have a phonographic memory, but I cannot remember ever hearing a junco do anything like this. I am very well aware of the fact that juncos do exhibit amazing variability in their vocalizations.
So, FWIW. It's the season for birdsong after all. good bird vocalizing, Tom