[obol] 2 Suladay

  • From: Mike & MerryLynn <m.denny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:39:37 -0700

Hello all,
Just returned from 5 days of birding the Oregon coast from Newport south and back - this morning at 10 am we stopped at Heceta Beach where we spotted a BROWN BOOBY out on the rocks - then headed to Newport where we found the BROWN BOOBY west of the bridge - 2 in one day - Lane and Lincoln counties.
Will put photos on ebird eventually - - -

Left not knowing about the flycatcher - what a find!

Monday October 26 at Coquille point - scoped for 2 hours in morning with great viewing conditions. Over 85 BLACK-VENTED, a few PINK-FOOTED and SHORT-TAILED SHEARWATERS. Also 3 BLACK-LEGGED KITTIWAKES and 1 PARASITIC JAEGER. WHITE-THROATED SPARROW at Tahkenitch.

Sunday October 25 - Coquille point - 12 BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATERS, Gold Beach back bay - over 145 ELEGANT TERNS

Saturday October 24 - seawatch from Shore Acres, Coos County - windy and high surf! 1 BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATER, 4 NORTHERN FULMAR, 8 ELEGANT TERNS, 7 ANCIENT MURRELETS, 1 BLACK-LEGGED KITTIWAKE, Bonaparte's Gull - only 1

Friday October 23 - Yachats COMMON GROUND-DOVE, CLAY-COLORED SPARROW. Seawatch - 108 SOOTY SHEARWATERS, 1 BLACK-VENTED SHEARWATER, 1 PARASITIC JAEGER. Many birders - great to visit with you folks -

Florence north jetty - 1 NORTHERN FULMAR, 7 SABINE'S GULLS, 16 BONAPARTE'S GULLS just off the bar - big waves! Shearwaters too far out to ID.

Most stops along the coast - huge numbers of gulls, loons, scoters, flock after flock of geese - lots of Aleutian Cackling Geese, and Red Crossbills everywhere.

Good birding, M&ML

--
MIKE & MERRYLYNN DENNY
BIRDING THE BEAUTIFUL WALLA WALLA VALLEY