[oagitm] TS/RDS.vs.VDI

  • From: "Anderson, Dean" <anderson.dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OAGITM Listserv(oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:08:15 -0700

We are converting our old terminal server (remote desktop) to new technology
to support a new remote office and are comparing TS / RDS to VDI (vmware
view).

We will be supporting about 15 users at a remote site (point to point
connection)  and an additional 5+ users who will use will be using laptops
with aircards.  We are not a CISCO shop so I am not as interested in a CISCO
solution.

Has anyone had experiance implementing vmware view ?

Please share any of your experiances.  I need to make a decision and any
feedback from the real world would be greatly appreciated.

--
Dean R Anderson
IT Director