[oagitm] Re: Obsolete/Old Technology gear

  • From: "Lind, Phil" <PLind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <krpotter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:18:02 -0700

Last time we disposed of computer equipment, we took it to the "dump"
where a recycling company periodically took a special container and
recycled the electronics.  I don't know if the waste disposal company is
doing that still, but it wouldn't hurt to check with your waste disposal
company.  We had donated computers in the past to the school district,
but as the school district only accepted the better computers, it was a
lot of work to figure out what they would and wouldn't take, and we
still had to dispose of the older computers anyway.  One of the best
things about recycling with the disposal company was the recyclers said
they'd take anything electronic, so we were able to recycle an old
refrigerator-sized UPS.

Phil Lind
Director, Information Technology Services
Linn County, Oregon
Email:  PLind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:PLind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Phone: 541-967-3803