[nyschp.dop] Re: Overnight coverage in non 24 hour operations (Away from the office)

  • From: "Althea Buckner" <Althea.Buckner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:05:35 -0400

I will be away from the office on March12th and 13th If you need assistance
please call Lily Chee at 212-238-7103 in the outpatient pharmacy or Alessandro
Cavallo or Mary Tran at 212-238-7061 in the SNF pharmacy.

>>> Scott Burns <SBurns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 03/13/15 10:05 >>>

Koth,

Rome Memorial Hospital does not have 24 hour on site coverage.  We have been
utilizing PipelineRx as our remote pharmacy coverage vendor since 2011.  There
were some initial issues with reporting of accurate numbers processed through
their system compared to our PIS but they worked well with me to work through
the reports and have since been an asset to the department.  The reality is
that I feel the cost is fair while I would much prefer be staffed 24 hours the
cost benefit just is not there for our size institution.  We pay a flat fee for
monthly service and only pay more if we go beyond our monthly allocated RX
volume which we have not went over budget since early in the 2012 contract year
when I made an adjustment to account for increased hospitalist ordering during
pharmacy closed hours.  Please feel free to contact me if you need/want any
additional information.

Scott T Burns, RPh
Pharmacy Director
1500 North James Street