[nyschp.dop] Re: Overnight coverage in non 24 hour operations (Away from the office)

  • From: "Althea Buckner" <Althea.Buckner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:26:26 -0400

I will be away from the office on March12th and 13th If you need assistance
please call Lily Chee at 212-238-7103 in the outpatient pharmacy or Alessandro
Cavallo or Mary Tran at 212-238-7061 in the SNF pharmacy.

>>> "Althea Buckner" <Althea.Buckner@xxxxxxxxxx> 03/12/15 09:26 >>>

I will be away from the office on March12th and 13th If you need assistance
please call Lily Chee at 212-238-7103 in the outpatient pharmacy or Alessandro
Cavallo or Mary Tran at 212-238-7061 in the SNF pharmacy.

>>> Koth Cassavaugh <koth.cassavaugh@xxxxxxxxx> 03/11/15 21:40 >>>

I need to gather information on what people are doing if they do not have
24 hour onsight pharmacy coverage.
Do you utilize a remote pharmacy coverage?
if so, what comapny do you use?
How well do feel the company you utilize works for your istitution?
How fair do you feel the cost is for the service?

I must admit that I was finally able to get rid of the remote company that
was brought on before I got here due the multitude of daily errors that I
had collected and reported.
It took me over a year to show that the comapny was not safe or effective
and was very expensive compared to the competition.
This of course started a major problem for me becuase once there is a
service to cover 24 hours there is no going back.
As we were in the process of getting out of the old contract I advocated to
bring in another group but was not able to move forward with the new group
due to internal dynamics.
We expanded the pharmacy hours (at basically no cost to the institution)
but do not have coverage from 2300 to 0600.
Has anyone come up with a unique way to cover these hours without a remote
company or hiring night personnel?

Thank you,
koth