Re: [nvda-translations] Small problem in nvda.po files

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 08:42:58 +0000

Hi Michel,

Thank you for flagging this up.

It seems to have been caused by the xgettext tool not correctly extracting the
complete strings, and therefore when updating
the old messages were marked as obsolete.

I managed to localize the problem to any windows python files, that uses tabs
for indentation.
I have emailed the bug-gettext mailing list reporting this issue.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gettext/2012-01/msg00000.html

@Jamie, only 3 messages are effected, and they are correctly extracted if the
complete message is tripple quoted.
Do you want me to tripple quote and commit?
Also can't remember why we are using tabs instead of the recommended 4 spaces.

Thanks.

Mesar