Re: [nvda-translations] Progress of userguidelines and the newer version of it.

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Him Prasad Gautam <drishtibachak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:20:42 +0100

Hi Him Prasad,

On Wed 14/11/12,20:18, Him Prasad Gautam wrote:
> Hi Mesar,
> The translation of user guide up to chapter 8 and chapter 12 is
> already completed. I am doing the rest of work very slowly.

If you have time you should not do it slowly, because there are more changes to
be added into
the userGuide once you have completed the task.
The version of the userGuide that you started working from was soon after
2012.2, and several
additions has been made, but I didn't let them come to you to cause less
confusion.

> Slowly, because the newer NVDA 2012.3 with Nepali translation could not be
> useable for my locale users.

It shouldnt be too much trouble to download the latest testing version of
espeak, and use it
using sapi5.

> Perhaps the next release of NVDA may be
> able to provide Whole of my work to my language community. Its my bad
> luck that I myself developed Nepali Espeak voice first, sent it to
> Jonathan, Translated NVDA, WxPythonTrunk and prepared the Louis
> braille tables.

I am sorry that you feel so negative, but these things take a little time.
But with continued good efforts by all I think things will be well for the next
release.

The braille tables I can help with, but since work started a little late we
missed
the deadline for 2.5.1.
Since Jamie and I are regular contributors to liblouis, we can easely ask for a
release near a
nvda release, so that the latest can be used by nvda.

We continue to try to coordinate better with Jonathan to ensure a new release
of espeak is made
near nvda releases so that we can benefit of the latest changes.

> As your policy, you only include the stable version of
> inherted system.
> However non of them ( The Espeak, WXWidgits and
> Louis) release their stable version prior to 2012.3 nor you dare to
> stay for their newer release.

but we want a stable and usable product, what is the purpose of having the
latest if things
crash regularly or perform unexpectedly? Users would be very unhappy if we did
this. The
developers of that package are the best people to judge their code, if they say
it is unstable,
then we should take this seriously.

for wxpython its only a few messages that nvda uses, so this shouldn't be a
great loss to us.
We found several problems in liblouis 2.5.0 for nvda users, so after fixing
them 2.5.1 was
released and we happely used that.

> Though I have the Nepali Espeak Voice
> with me and I am using and providing to that person who has contacted
> me. Unless Nepali Espeak Voice is packed with NVDA, my work is
> worthless since there exists no next Nepali TTS yet.

it should not be worthless at all, your work is valuable and appriciated.
Just remind the users to download the development version of espeak and
everything should be
well.

> I am sure I will
> complete the rest of translation before your next release.
> Please release newer user guidelines to diff file. I myself will
> rearrange the topics and prepare it as the newer one.

I would recommend finnishing the existing translation before processing new
changes.
But in any case, they have now been made available.

> It will helpful to me if you can inform me about the tentative time of next
> release of
> NVDA...

No date has been set, but maybe late January/Febuary.

I understand your frustration, but as a long term volunteer to several open
source projects
I know the only answer is a little patience, continue the work and time will
resolve these
issues.

Mesar