Re: [nvda-translations] My file nvda.po has fewer entries than necessary

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:31:28 +0100

Hi Jorge,

Sorry for the late reply, Have been travelling and attending a conference.

in-body reply:
On Thu 22/11/12,13:41, Jorge P�rez P�rez wrote:
> I have translated fully the nvda.po file that you put in the
> repository. Using this file I see that it have less entries than my
> NVDA needs, because there are thinks that my NVDA no translate, for
> instance: "Level, OK, Cancel, etc.

Some of these messages are not directly from NVDA, but from the
graphical toolkit that NVDA uses to build dialogs menues etc.
It is called wxPython.
I have added a new po file in Aragonese directory.
Even if you translate wxPython po file, we can not use it immediately,
but we submit it to the wx python project to be included for their next
release.
When they release a stable version, then NVDA will use it, but we dont
know when they will do this.

There are many messages in the po file, you can just translate the
messages for NVDA, I think less than 10 messages, or you can help
other wx python projects by translating as many as you can.

Wx python translation is completely optional and should have low
priority.

Thanks,
Mesar