Re: [nvda-translations] Missing String in German language file

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 23:12:07 +0100

Hi Bernd,

All messages with context were lost.
Someone is still using pygettext.py, to search the source and merge in
new messages.

I think I warned about this issue, either:
1. dont update po files, just wait for the system to do this every
monday/thursday.
2. if the person wants to merge new messages, use the instructions in
the nvda source readme, and one of the changes for developers was not to
use pygettext.py, but xgettext instead.
3. just use merge, but download the latest pot file from the nvda
snapshots page.

I see option 1 as the least work, and if monday/thursday is not good, i
am very happy to change it.

Maybe you can remind the person not to create extra work for themselves.
If there is spare time, there are many good things we can do.

Thanks,
Mesar